Wednesday, June 17

Rollie Pollies





Hailey is a Rollie Polly Advocate
We have lots of them around are area and she loves to pick them up if they are on the side walk then chuck them back into the nearest patch of grass! Hailey now loves going to her great grandmas house she found almost 20 while playing in her backyard!!! She was in heaven! The other day she took outside her pale for the beach and had found a Rollie polly placed him inside she then put the pale in the umbrella stroller and took her new "pet" Lu for a walk later that night she asked if she could check on him sure enough he was upside down lying still as a rock. I was really thinking I was going to have to go find a new one but then my smart 5year old say mom he's not dead he just sleeping no really mom he just sleeping I was saying to my self man shes going to be so upset when he doesn't wake up anyways we came in side and went to bed, we woke up the next day and checked on the Rollie polly and he was in the same position as we had left him the night before! Hailey then puts some grass and a drop of water to "FEED" her pet TO my surprise he flipped over and started walking around who would of known Rollie pollys do sleep!! ( This was followed by I told you so mom he's alive he's alive!) Then she took him for another walk! ( dont worry sister lulu got mad that the Rollie polly had gotten to go for a walk in Her stroller and dumped him out while she climbed into the stroller (luckily Hailey thought that was funny and just started pushing sis around! Well till tomorrow when another Rollie polly adventure begins

4 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

Cute story! It's so fun to watch what these little imaginations come up with.

Shelley said...

I sure do miss those darling girls.

Jennifer said...

that is so funny! We have a TON of rollie pollies in our roses. And sometimes I find them in the house. I don't know how they are getting in. And I find them on their backs a lot of the time and think they are dead, maybe they are just sleeping! lol

Jess Edling said...

Hailey rules! That's a hilarious story!